Emsisoft released the beta version of Anti-Malware 6 which has entirely new multithreaded scanning engine . According to company – during on-demand scans it is 450% (on average) faster than Anti-Malware 5.1.
What is new in Anti-Malware 6 ?
- Redesigned the dual scan engine framework for optimization of multi core systems.
- 450% speed improvement on average - with the same things being scanned.
- Advanced caching for self optimizing scans - it gets faster with every scan.
- New direct disk access scan mode to improve rootkit detection.
- Changed the scan setting defaults: Rootkit scan (new) active, Cookie scan inactive..
- Improved handling of potential false positives.
- Desired scan actions can now be set before the scan.
- Detection names engine postfixes changed to !E1 and !E2.
- Changed the animation seen during active scans.
- Simplified the user interface.
- Added a load scan engine animation to security setup wizard.
- Added an option to run missed scheduled scans on next program startup.
- Optimized program loading to greatly reduce boot time.
- Added advanced caching to significantly improve the performance of File Guard.
- Added an internal rating system to reduce false positives in 'real world' use.
- Added an option to reset the File Guard file extensions list to its original values.
- Simplified the method for viewing internal and custom host blocker rules.
- Re-organized the guard tray icon menu to provide quick access to common features.
Changed licensing to a key-based system which replaces user accounts.
- Changed licensing to provide a unique licence key for each computer.
- Simplified the online licensing and relicensing dialogs.
- Improved the notification that a license is about to expire.
- Added a renewal rewards program - 5% cumulative reduction each renewal.
- Added a referral rewards program to earn full version credits by referring new users.
- Earn a 1 month credit for referring each new 1 month trial user. (no purchase).
- Earn a 6 month credit for referring each new customer (for first purchase only, any plan).
- Simplified the setup process significantly.
- Changed storage of settings to use 'ini' files rather than the Registry.
- Added the ability to export and import settings by category.
- Added security prompts when permanently deleting files, rules or logs.
- Added improvements for more stability of online updates.
- Added improvements to avoid potential crashes and hangs.
- Added newsletter subscription link in news area.
- Removed the trojan horse illustration.
- The direct disk access scan feature is not available for striped RAIDs due to non-standard, 'vendor specific' systems.
- If you have Emsisoft Anti-Malware already installed simply enable "Use Beta updates" under "Configuration"/"Update", perform an online update and follow the instructions.
- If you don't have Emsisoft Anti-Malware already installed, you can simply download and install it from here.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0 now asks for a license key instead of a user account. You can find this license key in the Emsisoft Customer Center (choose "Manage Licenses" on the left).