Dell announced the availability of the Dell Latitude ST, a tablet PC built for both mobile professionals and the IT professionals supporting them.
Latitude ST delivers go-anywhere productivity, with anytime, anywhere data access via Wi-Fi and mobile broadband options and a 10-inch multi-touch display with a stylus for intuitive ease-of-use. Mobile professionals can experience the following features and benefits:
- Work confidently with Intel Atom processors and the familiarity of Windows 7-based applications.
- Collaborate on-the-go with front and rear web cams, embedded microphone, and Skype video conferencing.
- Connect to projectors, printers, or other devices using built-in ports.
- Feel protected with durability features such as a rubberized bumper, anti-glare Corning Gorilla Glass screen and TPU overmold.
And since mobility goes beyond hardware, we’re certifying the device with select software partners. Available at launch, we’ll offer certification on leading education software, such as Blio, Dyknow, LanSchool and Texas Instruments. For healthcare customers, we’re working with organizations like Continua Healthcare Alliance, Athena Health and NextGen Healthcare. And we’re working on partnerships with many more to ensure users never skip a beat using their familiar business applications.
IT administrators will also appreciate the attributes of the Latitude ST. They can seamlessly manage the tablet like any other PC on their network using existing remote management solutions or Dell KACE appliances and protect critical data with flexible Dell Data Protection | Encryption. The device will also integrate with desktop virtualization solutions for secure access to data virtually anywhere. And of course the Latitude ST is backed by customizable options for Dell global service and support.
The Latitude ST is quick and easy to deploy and manage, and perfect for mobile business users, enabling:
- Insurance clerks to document accidents, complete forms, obtain signatures and hit submit - right on location.
- Doctors, nurses and other medical professionals to view client history, make medical evaluation input, submit prescriptions and research securely on-the-go.
- Teachers to fully interact and collaborate with students by seamlessly moving about the classroom
Customers can begin experiencing the new Latitude ST next Tuesday, November 1.