Today, Motorola Mobility and Verizon Wireless announced DROID RAZR by Motorola, the world's thinnest 4G LTE smartphone. A true marvel of design, this smartphone packs strength and smarts into a stylish package offered exclusively from Verizon Wireless.
Measuring 7.1 mm thin, made with KEVLAR fiber for strength and Corning Gorilla Glass for scratch resistance, the DROID RAZR is ready to face the elements. Speed limits are just an illusion with a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor and Verizon Wireless 4G LTE. DROID RAZR customers can expect to rip through the Web with speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G.
Not only does DROID RAZR by Motorola deliver heart-pounding speed, but it has a mind-bending 4.3-inch hyper-vibrant display with more colors than most LCD HDTVs. The Super AMOLED Advanced display with qHD resolution dishes out beautiful images and smooth action so on-the-go movies and TV shows aren't a blur, whether customers stream from Netflix or rent from Android Market. It's the first smartphone capable of streaming movies and TV shows through Netflix with up to HD resolution.
DROID RAZR customers can take advantage of the Super AMOLED Advanced display and 4G LTE speeds to stream videos with NFL Mobile, only from Verizon. Fans can stay up to date on news, schedules and scores from their favorite teams on the go. NFL Mobile is included at no additional charge for 4G LTE customers for the remainder of the 2011 season.
If cutting-edge visuals are its beauty, apps on DROID RAZR are its brains. Enter MotoCast, the free Motorola app that lets you stream or download your music, pictures and more from your PC to your phone. The Smart Actions app helps automate everyday tasks and optimizes battery efficiency by letting customers create rules, such as automatically setting the phone to vibrate during work hours or dimming the display at a specific battery level. The revolutionary webtop application allows customers to combine the device with separately sold accessories, like the Lapdock 100 or HD Station, unleashing the power to edit documents and browse the Web with a full Firefox browser on a larger screen – all while charging the device.
Motorola DROID RAZR Specs/features:
- Powered by Android 2.3.5, Gingerbread
- 1GB RAM for a fast user interface and multi-tasking
- 8-megapixel rear camera with 1080p HD video capture and image stabilization technology for crisp and clear videos
- Front-facing HD camera for video chat over 4G LTE, 3G or Wi-Fi
- 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot capable so customers can share 4G LTE speed with up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices
- Water repellent nanocoating protects the phone, and even the inside components, against everyday spills
- Remote wipe, pin lock and government-grade encryption for email, calendar and contacts as well as voice and video chat conferencing
- Use Quickoffice to view, create and edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents on your mobile device from anywhere at anytime
- Bluetooth 4.0 low energy
- 32 GB memory: 16 GB on board and 16 GB microSD card pre-installed (actual formatted capacity is less)
- Powerful 1780 mAh battery
The DROID RAZR will be available in early November for $299.99 with a new two-year customer agreement at all Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online; as well as at authorized retailers. You can also pre-order DROID RAZR beginning October 27.