A new unlock method has surfaced which claims to work without the need of any software, hardware or jailbreak. A bug in iOS 5 discovered by Michael Capozzi theoretically allows any iPhone 4S to be unlocked to any GSM carrier. However, Capozzi says he was only able to test with T-Mobile. Read the steps and watch video on How to unlock iPhone 4S without jailbreaking after the break.
Note:- You will need to cut the T-Mobile SIM card so it fits into the Micro-SIM card slot in the iPhone 4S.
How to unlock iPhone 4S without Jailbreaking?
- Insert original carrier AT&T SIM card
- Dial 611 for AT&T customer service hotline and drop the call
- Turn on Airplane Mode
- Take out AT&T SIM card
- Insert T-Mobile SIM card
- Make sure WiFi is off ( also tap on ‘Forget this Network” to make sure it doesn’t connect automatically later)
- Switch off Airplane Mode and iPhone will search for network. This is followed by the Apple splash screen appearing.
- Activation Required will be displayed on the screen
- EDGE network will activate automatically – notice the ‘E’ on the top left corner of the screen
- Wait for about 20-30 seconds and turn off the phone
- Turn on iPhone and the same Activation Required screen will be displayed
- When you see one signal bar, tap on Use Cellular Connection
- Eject SIM card
- Activation Required screen will be displayed the second time
- Insert SIM card
We haven’t tried this method and not confirming that it will work. So, you need to try this with caution.
If you’ve tried this method method share your result with us in the comments.