At the International CES 2012 Sony today add new smartphone to Xperia NXT series–Xperia S. Xperia S features a 4.3 inch Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine with HD resolution screen (1280 x 720), a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 12MP back camera with Sony Exmor R (1080p HD recording) 1.3MP front-facing camera (720p ) and will be available in both 16 and 32GB versions.
Xperia S will be available globally from the first quarter 2012. Launching on Android platform 2.3 (Gingerbread) Xperia S will be upgraded to Android platform 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) during the second quarter 2012.
Xperia S Key Features:
- 4.3 inch Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine with HD resolution screen (1280 x 720), as well as front (720p) and back (1080p) cameras for HD recording.
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor for fast browsing and content download, which can be stored on the internal 32GB flash storage.
- 12MP back camera with Sony Exmor R for mobile along with Fastest Capture to take shots in just 1.5 seconds directly from standby mode. Front-facing camera with 1.3 MP.
- NFC (Near Field Communications) enabled to access growing range of NFC applications and services as well as Xperia SmartTags.
- With HD sharing through DLNA, HDMI and using BRAVIA Sync for controlling your Xperia S with your TV remote control when connected to the TV, Xperia S delivers a full HD experience on TV.
- PlayStation Certified, that guarantees a high quality smartphone gaming experience and access to the PlayStation Store.