At CES 2012, Victorinox Swiss Army (VSA) today announced the launch of two new portable storage additions-the Victorinox SSD and Victorinox Slim 3.0.
The Victorinox SSD (Solid State Drive) and Victorinox Slim 3.0 USBs offer unprecedented data storage capacity with security measures fit for protecting the most confidential of personal and professional documents. Each pocket-sized device packs anywhere from 16GB to one terabyte of storage capacity, is equipped to withstand a range of environmental and daily use factors, and remains true to the Swiss Army legacy of flawlessly designed products that endure.
Some key features and benefits of the Victorinox SSD include:
- World's smallest high-capacity SSD drive on the market to-date
- Variety of storage capacities: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, and 1 terabyte
- World's only SSD device with only one connector that fits into USB2/3 and eSATA 2/3 connectors
- World's only SSD device with a Bi-Stable graphic display (E-Paper software) for labeling contents
- Handles automatic backup and synchronization issues in un-hacked AES 256 security (combination hardware and software)
- Each SSD comes equipped with two knife bodies, between which the drive can easily be interchanged—one is flight-friendly and the other includes traditional Swiss Army Knife implements (blade, scissors, nail file/screw driver combo)
The Victorinox Slim 3.0 also combines portable data storage with stylish design. Faster in read/write speeds than a 2.0 USB flash drive can offer, the 3.0 is available in four storage capacities—16GB, 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB, and four timeless colors—black, Victorinox red, forest green and navy blue. Also available is the classic ruby with Swiss Army Knife implements (blade, scissors, nail file/screw driver combo)
At the show, VSA is also unveiling a new limited-edition collection that makes the technology of three existing solutions visible to the eye. Each product will have a transparent knife handle, exposing the internal hardware, and will be complemented by clear cube packaging that gives the appearance of the device floating in suspension. VSA only produced between 1,000 and 4,000 pieces of each limited edition product, which will be available in April 2012:
- Victorinox Secure-Featuring a removable USB flash drive with integrated biometric fingerprint reader and loaded with proprietary Secure software, the device comes in 64GB and 128GB capacities, and comes equipped with two knife bodies. The drive can easily be interchanged between the flight-friendly body without implements and the non-flight model which includes scissors, blade, nail file with a screwdriver tip, and a combo LED/laser pointer
- Victorinox Presentation Master-Also available in 64GB and 128GB capacities with flight-friendly and non-flight knife bodies, this removable USB flash drive features a Bluetooth remote control, laser pointer, biometric fingerprint reader, and is loaded with the Secure software
- Victorinox Flash-Available in a 128GB capacity, equipped with flight and non-flight knife bodies, the Flash combines all the functionality of a Swiss Army Knife with a USB flash drive