The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) rolled out version 2.4 of of its open source Apache HTTP Server software. It's the first major release in six years and comes with a long list of improvements with main focus on cloud and configuration flexibility.
Enhancements make Apache HTTP Server v2.4 ideally suited for Cloud environments includes:
- Improved performance (lower resource utilization and better concurrency)
- Reduced memory usage
- Asyncronous I/O support
- Dynamic reverse proxy configuration
- Performance on par, or better, than pure event-driven Web servers
- More granular timeout and rate/resource limiting capability
- More finely-tuned caching support, tailored for high traffic servers and proxies.
Read complete features list here