At MWC 2012, Sony announced Xperia U along with Xperia P smartphone. The Xperia U comes with 3.5-inch Reality Display powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine, a 1GHz dual-core processor, a 5MP camera on the rear with HD recording running Android 2.3 which upgradable to Android 4.0 (in Q2 2012).
Xperia U Features:-
- 3.5” Reality Display powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine.
- 1 GHz dual-core processor for super fast performance.
- 5MP camera with unique fast capture, HD recording and Sony technology to capture 2D and 3D panoramic images.
- Crisp and loud listening with xLoud and 3D surround sound audio technology.
- Available in a choice of white or black, with pink and yellow exchangeable caps for the base of the smartphone in the box.
- Launches on Android platform 2.3 (Gingerbread), upgrade to Android platform 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) during the second quarter of 2012.