A couple of months ago, AT&T and Samsung rolled out Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread update for Samsung Infuse 4G but it was put on hold by the carrier due to "an issue". Now, AT&T and Samsung once again started rolling out the Gingerbread update for the Infuse 4G i997 devices, bumping the software version up to I997UCLB3.
The update is now available for download via Samsung Kies software desktop. Keep in mind that the AT&T mentions that this Gingerbread update for Samsung Infuse 4G will hard-reset the smartphone, so everything stored will be wiped. However, this hasn't been confirmed by users who have already upgraded their smartphones.
On a safer side, we recommend Samsung Infuse 4G owners to back up their sensitive data stored on the smartphone.
This update bring the following changes:-
- Improved Copy and Paste functionality
- Redesigned Multi Touch Software Keyboard
- Download manager for long running HTTP downloads
- Improved power management and application control
- Notification Shade: “Flight Mode” added (“Silent” removed)
- New Fonts options added include Choco Cooky, Cool Jazz, Rosemary
- Keyboard Changes: Android Keyboard with Wider Spaced keys and Quick Keys at the top
- New Widgets: The name of the content provider will be listed on the widget list along with the widget name. Previously only the widget name was provided.
- New Widget: Traffic (Android) added to list of available widgets
- Menu Changes/New Apps: Downloads and Google Books added new, Promotional pre-load of Angry Birds removed.