Samsung Mobile is simplifying enterprise adoption with the introduction of SAFE (Samsung Approved for Enterprise) and the first SAFE-branded smartphone in the United States, the Galaxy S III, which will be available at AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and US Cellular by July. To aid prosumers and corporations in accessing the most innovative smartphone on the market, Samsung is also introducing SAFE2SWITCH, a trade-up program that offers competitive pricing for qualifying smartphones for both individuals and enterprise customers.
SAFE – Optimized for the Enterprise
SAFE provides a comprehensive approach to making Android devices secure and manageable by systematically meeting the rapidly evolving needs of IT and the growing number of businesses allowing employees to "bring your own device" (BYOD) to work. Samsung created SAFE as a way to defragment the Android OS across multiple versions from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich at U.S. carriers. Out of the box, the SAFE-branded Galaxy S III supports a full suite of enterprise-ready features and capabilities with support for 338 IT Policies. This includes on-device AES-256 bit encryption, enhanced support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and support for industry-leading Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions.
Over the last 12 months, Samsung has surpassed its next nearest handset and smartphone competitors to become No. 1 globally and now has its sights set on the enterprise. Working closely with enterprise customers and industry-leading solutions providers, Samsung developed a thorough quality assurance program. This program begins with MDM and VPN solutions providers using Samsung's software development kit to deeply integrate their solution on the SAFE device. Once the development effort is completed, Samsung and the solution provider then thoroughly test and verify the device's support for the MDM and/or VPN software. This collaboration, coupled with the testing process, creates solutions that are optimized for SAFE devices and enterprise use including adoption within regulated industries such as healthcare, financial services and government.
Galaxy S III – Powerful, Collaborative, Secure
The Galaxy S III offers secure features and capabilities that may be used in a wide range of business situations to improve efficiency and productivity.
- AllShare Play - Group Cast: Securely share PowerPoint presentations and PDFs with business partners also using Galaxy S III devices
- Share Shot: Quickly and easily compile and share photos with colleagues and contacts
- S Beam One Touch Sharing (NFC and Wi-Fi Direct): Quickly exchange contact and meeting information or company documents by simply tapping phones together. S Beam can also be controlled via an MDM solution.
- Intelligent Display and Motion: Focus on the job at hand with intuitive features like Direct Call and Smart Stay
- HD Super AMOLED Display: Review detailed plans or blueprints with brilliant 4.8" HD Super AMOLED display on second-generation rugged Corning Gorilla Glass
- Samsung TecTiles: NFC programmable tags and mobile application transform how businesses, both large and small, engage their customers
SAFE2SWITCH Prosumer / Enterprise Trade-In Program
With the launch of the SAFE-branded Galaxy S III, Samsung is announcing the availability of a trade-up program called SAFE2SWITCH which simplifies the transition to Samsung SAFE devices from Samsung or other manufacturers' smartphones. Both prosumers and corporate customers alike can take advantage of this program which offers very competitive trade-in values in real-time from their existing smartphone or Internet-connected device. For more details, visit www.samsungsafe2switch.com.