Toshiba today announced the AL13SE series of 2.5-inch 6Gb/s SAS interface hard disk drives (HDDs) in 300GB, 450GB, 600GB and 900GB storage capacities.
The AL13SE is the first 10,000 RPM class model enterprise drive from Toshiba to achieve 900GB capacity and is also the first of Toshiba's 10,000 RPM drives to employ a dual-stage head positioning actuator that provides additional performance gains, including a 32% increase in sustained transfer rate.
Designed for even the most demanding mission-critical applications, the AL13SE series features an operating reliability rating of 2,000,000 power-on hours, a 25% increase over prior-generation drives. System compatibility is also assured through usage of the industry-standard 512 byte sector size.
In keeping with Toshiba's leadership in power efficiency design, the AL13SE Series uses Supported Enhanced Power Condition State technology to lower RPM idle speed.
The AL13SE series is also available mounted in a 3.5-inch bracket for use in legacy based 3.5-inch servers and storage enclosures, providing the same 10,000 RPM class spin speed, 6 Gb/sec SAS interface, and reduced power consumption benefits available with small form factor drive technology.
AL13SEB900, AL13SEB600, AL13SEB450, AL13SEB300
- Capacity: 900GB 600GB 450GB 300GB
- Average seek time: Read (typ.) 3.7ms
- Write (typ.) 4.1ms
- Interface SAS 2.0
- Interface speed 6 Gb/s
- Rotation speed 10,500 RPM
- Buffer memory 64 MB
- External dimensions (W)x(D)x(H) 69.85mm(2.75")x100.45mm(3.95")x 15.00mm(0.59")
- Weight 240 g. or less
- Power Consumption: Idle (ready) 4.7 watts (max)
- Idle (low rotational speed) 2.7 watts (max)
- Acoustic (Ready) 30 dB
- Vibration: Operating 9.8 m/s2 (1.0G) 20 to 300 Hz
- Non-operating 49 m/s2 (5.0G) 20 to 300 Hz
- Shock: Operating 980 m/s2 (100G) 1ms
- Non-operating 3,920 m/s2 (400G) 2ms
No word on pricing and availability yet.