Roku unveiled the v1.3 firmware update for the Roku 2 and Roku LT and this software has now also reached first-gen boxes. Read some of the features in software version 3.1 after the cut.
- Support for new Amazon channel – The Amazon Instant Video channel has been updated with a gorgeous, new design and you’ll need this update to run it. (More details on this channel will be shared on the Roku blog soon.)
- Mobile support – Added enhancements to support the official Roku iPhone app, launched in the iTunes App Store last week.
- Improved MP4 playback – Improved playback of MP4 files streamed over the Internet and over USB via the USB Media Player channel.
- Shop Roku Deals in the Roku Channel Store – Added the ability to purchase Roku players, accessories and toys within the Roku Channel Store.
- Improved grid performance – Fixed issues when navigating channels that display content in a grid screen.