Verizon Wireless adds the Microsoft Office 365 to its Small Business Essential Portfolio. Verizon Wireless' small business customers can take advantage of productivity in the cloud while on the go – includes email, instant messages with presence, video and voice conferencing, and document sharing.
For internal and external business communications, Office 365 capabilities that are included in Small Business Essentials are:
Office Web Apps
- View and make light edits to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote documents within supported browsers
- View business documents in the browser with virtually no data or formatting loss during transfer between PC and browser
- Public website and design tool with ready-to-use site templates
- Private team site for working with colleagues, partners and customers
- Share private sites with external users
- Store and back up business documents and data
- Access business documents from virtually anywhere
- Premium anti-virus and anti-spam protection
- Email, calendar and contacts synchronized across PCs or Macs, smartphones and tablets
- Tools for managing email, calendar and contacts
- 25 GB mailbox, plus up to 25 MB of attachments per email
- Rich presence tells you when co-workers are online and available
- Instant messaging plus PC-to-PC audio/video calling
- Click-to-communicate from Outlook, SharePoint Online and other Office Web Apps
- Online meetings and presentations with up to 50 attendees, using PC-audio, video conferencing, desktop and application sharing
- Invite external contacts to easily attend online meetings via the browser
If a user's device is lost, damaged or stolen, the data can be locked and wiped clean remotely, helping to protect the company's important proprietary information. When the replacement device is activated and connected to Office 365, all of the user's email, contacts and calendar data will be available on the new device.
Office 365, included with Verizon Wireless' Small Business Essentials, is now available at the rate of $6 per month, per user.