TomTom has signed a strategic deal with Samsung whereby TomTom maps and location content will power the Wave 3 smartphone. TomTom will provide information to support daily location needs of Wave3 users, from navigation to search and find.
The agreement gives Samsung access to TomTom global maps and premium location content including:
- Map coverage for over 200 countries globally, providing over 35 million kilometers of road network
- Points of Interest providing information that enables users to find the people, places and services they need, wherever they are
- 3D City Maps and 3D Landmarks adding a dimension of clarity and reality to the map, enhancing recognition and providing a visual orientation aid
- Enterprise Traffic delivering live road conditions, including the location and length of a traffic incident, helping drivers find the quickest route to their destination
- Speed Cameras providing a location alert for safety related cameras to promote safe driving habits and optimize the navigation experience.