NVIDIA today announced the Kepler-powered Quadro K5000 GPU for Mac Pro systems.
NVIDIA Quadro K5000 for Mac is ideal for professional applications such as video editing, color correction, compositing, design visualization and GPU-accelerated ray-traced 3D rendering. In addition, the Quadro K5000 for Mac retains its full performance and features when using Apple Boot Camp and running Microsoft Windows-based professional PC applications.
Key features of the NVIDIA Quadro K5000 GPU for Mac include:
- Cinema 4K display support (4096x2160 resolution), which enables content creators to process and view high resolution cinema content
- A new display engine that can drive up to four displays simultaneously
- 4 GB graphics memory that provides faster interactivity when using design and content creation applications
- Based on NVIDIA Kepler architecture, which enables the Quadro K5000 GPU for Mac to run key content creation applications up to 2x faster at lower power than the Fermi-based Quadro 4000 for Mac
- Support for up to two Quadro K5000 GPUs for Mac in a single Mac Pro
- Support for OpenGL, OpenCL and NVIDIA CUDA
The NVIDIA Quadro K5000 for Mac is planned to be available later this year from select Apple resellers and system integrators, and from authorized distribution partners, including PNY Technologies in the Americas and Europe, ELSA in Japan and Leadtek in Asia Pacific. Estimated pricing starts at $2,249.