Plextor today announced that they will be launching their first solid state drive (SSD) in the UK next month – the world-class 2nd generation M2S Series.
Available in 3 capacities (64GB, 128GB and 256GB), the perfectly engineered 2.5" internal M2S Series SSD is one of the first of its kind to support the new SATA III 6B/s interface and boasts exclusive technologies to increase speed, stability and lifespan – offering up to 10 years of performance which doesn't degrade over time as other SSDs might. With read speeds of up to 480MB/s, write speeds of up to 330MB/s and performing significantly highly in benchmark tests, the M2S is currently the fastest SSD available on the market.
The M2S Series is the must-have device for tech-savvy home or business users who demand consistently high quality, unbeatable speeds, stability and a long product life through day to day use.
- One of the first SSDs to support SATA III 6Gb/s - read speed of up to 480MB/s
- 2.5" Internal SSD in three capacities: 64GB, 128GB and 256GB
- Features the world's most advanced control chip for high performance
- Exclusive 'Instant Restore Technology' for stability
- Generous 128GB DDR3 cache to improve data transfer speeds
- Dynamic Wear Levelling system improves data allocation for longevity
- Latest Windows 7 TRIM command for data-wiping efficiency
- Bundled with Acronis True Image software for easy migration
- Unrivalled 3 year on-site warranty and service support.
64GB - Read up to 370MBps and Write up to 110MBps
128GB- Read up to 420MBps and write up to 210MBps
256GB- Read up to 480MBps and write up to 330MBps
The M2S will be launching in Europe and UK in March 2011. Further details including pricing on the M2S Series will be announced in March.